Monday, May 24, 2010
Opting for car transporting for your big move is taking a huge burden off of your shoulders. But unfortunately, you can’t just kick your feet up and relax once you sign up. You have a substantial role in the overall safety of your vehicle and so it’s required that you follow a few steps before you hand over your keys to the interstate car transport driver. Here are a few key things that should be done for you have your vehicle picked up for transport:
• Clean your car. It doesn’t have to be detailed, just clean enough so that they physical inspection can be completed thoroughly, inside and out.
• Don’t leave anything valuable in your vehicle, as the US DOT prohibits carrying personal items on a truck licensed only for carrying automobiles. Stored items also add unwanted weight to the vehicle and may cause damage during transport.
• The US DOT requires that the driver has a copy of every key for the vehicle including trunk, glove box, etc.
• You should lower or remove your antennas for transport safety issues.
• Any alarm should be disabled for transport. You don’t want your car to show up with a drained battery, so to be safe have it disabled.
For more car transporting preparation tips, visit United Routes today!